CGP3 Integrated Project Controls
Talison Lithium, the world’s largest lithium oxide concentrate producer contracted MSP Engineering through an EPC agreement to expand the chemical grade processing plant at the Talison’s Greenbushes mine site in Western Australia. The new processing plant is the world’s largest lithium oxide production facility and consists of a dry crushing and screening plant, wet process plant, overland conveyors, stockpile facilities and non-process infrastructure aimed at increasing the production of lithium mineral concentrate by 2.4Mtpa.
TBH was engaged to conduct a maturity assessment of MSP Engineering’s project controls processes and capability. Areas of improvement were identified using Chemical Grade Plant 3 as an active pilot project to build its platform and raise the controls maturity at an organisational level. Further procedures performed by TBH which integrated time, cost, risk and reporting functions included:
- Schedule Management Framework (SMF) design and development which establishes the integration into the overall project management; • Introducing transparency, consistency and traceability across all major project disciplines through the SMF; •
- Master Schedule development including all of project scope at an appropriate level of detail, containing robust logic and a defined critical path;
- Budget alignment of the Cost Breakdown Structure with the schedule Work Breakdown Structure;
- Basis of Schedule providing a summary of design and procurement processes, construction and commissioning methodology, key assumptions, constraints, rates, risks and opportunities;
- Change control measures for how the artefacts are updated, issued and enforced.
The TBH Difference
TBH were able to understand and determine detailed project deficiencies through initial maturity assessments and applying immediate change through live project IPC applications
To find out more about TBH’s Integrated Project Controls experience, please visit the Integrated Project Controls page. test
|Integrated Project Controls