CIOG MPI Program
As part of the Defence Strategic Reform Agenda, the Chief Information Officer’s Group (CIOG) initiated an ICT transformation program at the end of 2013. This transformation will see “a series of changes to better align CIOG to the Plan, Build, Run Operating Model…” that “…will involve the realignment of some branches and directorates.” DCP Delivery Branch (LCDPDB) and the Military Platform Integration (MPI) Program were formed.
Through the transformation of CIOG’s ICT-delivery division, MPI’s program manager experienced project initiation, engagement and implementation issues and highlighted that there was a lack of standardisation and methodology across the program of work.
TBH was engaged under Fujitsu’s master services agreement to review the Work Take-On (WTO) process for DCP Projects in MPI and the Project Implementation and Engagement Model for LCDPDB.
Using the evaluation and review findings, TBH was engaged to design and establish program management in MPI to execute models. The current operation state of MPI was evaluated, through a review of organisation documentation and series of interview with MPI program and project staff. Through business gap analysis and comparison to MSP and PRINCE2 best practises, TBH produced an MPI evaluation package that included:
- Evaluation of Project Implementation and Engagement Model Report
- Program Improvement and Stakeholder Communication Plan
- Business Process Model Improvements Plan
The package summarised the current state of MPI’s operation and provided recommendations for future improvement that would better align to the Plan, Build, Run Model and help clarify responsibilities and simplify operations. Based on the evaluation, TBH was engaged to implement the recommended improvements through designing and establishing program management for the MPI Program.
TBH delivered the following:
- Project Management Plan –describes how the MPI Program Establishment Project was to be delivered and the supporting delivery artefacts
- P3O Framework –outlines the program management lifecycle, project lifecycle, P3O services supplied by MPI’s Program Management Office (PMO) and PMO staff roles and responsibilities
- Program Management Methodology –defines the MPI program structure, how it will be managed and the roles and responsibilities of MPI program management staff
- The MPI Program now has as sound program structure and framework that can easily interface with CIOG’s portfolio requirements and align with broader defence organisation reforms.
To find out more about TBH’s P3M experience, please visit the P3M page.
|Services||Project Evaluation Services and P3O|