Lumsden Point Port
Lumsden Point Port is located in the Pilbara regional town of Port Hedland. The port forms part of the Taylor Inlet and includes a new fixed pile wharf along with a floating wharf for smaller vessels. The project requires dredging the inlet to meet the required depths necessary for vessels to dock at the port. Additional amenities include several storage yards for specific supplies and infrastructure to access the port. The Cargo facility and logistics hub will relieve some of the pressure of the busy adjacent.
TBH provided programming assistance for the project during the tender phase. TBH’s role included:
- Developing key work activities including procurement, delivery, equipment installation and construction;
- Key triggers for the capital expenditure to be implemented;
- Long lead item planning and strategising;
- Inclusion of contractual milestones including hold, review and approve points; and
- Allowances for contingency.
The TBH Difference
TBH provided independent programming services to create a programme, which could be used as part of the tender requirements and allow management to realise the projects constructability and remote location impacting the programme. TBH worked closely with Q Design to incorporate the desired programming outcomes from the project team.
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|Client||Q Design and Construct|
|Value||$ 200 Million|