Mortlake South Wind Farm
The Mortlake South Wind Farm project is being constructed approximately 5 kilometres south of Mortlake, which is around 50 kilometres north-east of Warrnambool. It will have a capacity of 157.5 MW and produce 530Gwh of clean energy each year – powering about 115,000 homes annually. The Mortlake South Wind Farm project is developed by the Acciona Energy Australia Global Pty Ltd (Acciona). John Beever Australia (JBA) was engaged by Acciona as civil sub-contractor to complete the civil works packages including all roads, hardstands and 35 wind turbine generator foundations.
TBH developed and updated the construction programme for JBA and delivered the following:
- Alignment of the construction programme for the civils works with the contract requirements, incorporating feedback from JBA and Acciona.
- Timely assessment of potential delays arising from variations, site instructions, design changes and inclement weather. • Preparation of delay impacted programmes and evidence to support extension of time claims.
- Development of a high-level timeline to visualise how individual delays contributed to delays to practical completion.
- Investigation and recommendation of the mitigation options required to maintain contractual completion dates.
- Monthly programme updates including optimisation of the programme with respect to weather conditions and resource availability.
The TBH Difference
TBH’s ability to efficiently capture all variations, site instructions and design changes in the programme gave John Beever Australia an assured understanding of the project’s status. TBH investigated opportunities for JBA to achieve its programme and ensured that each monthly programme update demonstrated a practicable and achievable route towards practical completion. Effective use of visual aids such as high-level time lines helped all parties to understand the impact of delays on programme. These measures assisted the client to make key decisions based on the robust programme data presented by TBH.
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|John Beever Australia (JBA)
|Planning & Scheduling