Western Sydney Airport
The new airport site is located on Commonwealth-owned land at Badgerys Creek, covers an area of approximately 1,780 hectares, is approximately 50km from Sydney’s CBD and 15 to 20 kilometres from major population centres such as Liverpool, Fairfield and Penrith.
In April 2014 the Commonwealth announced that Badgerys Creek will be the site for the Western Sydney Airport. In July 2015, the site was formally declared as the Airport Site for WSA, under the Airports Act 1996.
In November 2016 the Western Sydney Airport Business Case was endorsed by Infrastructure Australia with a finding that the project would deliver in excess of $11 billion to the national economy. Construction on Stage 1 is expected to commence in 2018, with operations beginning in the mid-2020s.
TBH was engaged to inform the business case through the provision of constructability advice, planning and long-term master scheduling.
- Review of relevant draft project documentation, confirmation that it was fit for purpose and identifying omissions.
- Procurement advice to determine the optimal delivery strategy operations. Western Sydney Airport
- Constructability advice which contributed to the constructability report which addressed:
- Construction strategy
- Site factors
- Industry capability and capacity
- Execution risks
- Optimisation opportunities
- Develop a detailed master schedule which included:
- Complete authority approvals ranging from environmental and government to utilities
- All internal commonwealth and preferred operator processes
- Reference design through to IFC.
- Early works
- Construction including extensive earthworks, runways and aprons, terminal buildings and support facilities
- Commissioning, ORAT and handover to operations
- TBH also provided a number of rail options which included underground stations and tunnelling.
The TBH Difference
To find out more about TBH’s Strategic Advisory Services Capability expertise, please visit the Strategic Advisory Services Capability page.
|Services||Strategic Advisory Services|
|Value||$5 billion (Stage 1)|
|Duration||2015 - 2016|