Melbourne University Data Centre
The University of Melbourne (UoM) expanded one of its two onsite data centres to meet demands for research, cloud-based initiatives and disaster recovery of applications and services across geographically separate sites.
TBH was initially engaged by the UoM to develop a high-level master programme and indicative construction programme for head contract tender review purposes. Upon award of the head contract, TBH reviewed the construction programme for the Data Centre Project of the UoM.
Shortly following the commencement of works, TBH was requested to take on a more active role in assisting the contractor in the preparation and maintenance of their construction programme.
The programming services that TBH provided over the course can be summarised as follows:
- Preparation of master programmes for UoM
- Review of contractor programmes
- Preparation of weekly/monthly status updates of the programmes
- Detailed programming of critical areas
- Generate reports including completion achievability report and status report and introduce reporting tools such as critical path progress pie charts and production trend graphs
TBH provided UoM with increased visibility on the progress of the project, in addition to assisting the contractor in delivering the project and managing multiple work fronts. Although there were multiple variations instructed during the project, the original date for practical completion was still met.
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|University of Melbourne
|Project Programming and Scheduling