Auckland Airport Strategic Planning
Auckland Airport is embarking on a major programme of works to transform the airport precinct, doubling capacity to accommodate a forecast growth to 40 million passengers and 260,000 flights per annum by 2044. The airport of the future will be a world-class, yet uniquely New Zealand airport. It will be built in stages and will feature a combined domestic and international terminal and a second runway.
Key projects include:
- Second Runway, Taxiway and stand airfield development
- New international arrivals’ area
- Integrated international and domestic jet terminal
- Rejuventation of the exisiting domestic terminal
- Reconfiguration of the interntational forecourt pick-up and drop off facility
- New hotels and carparks
- New cargo facility
- Expansion of the road network capacity
TBH was engaged to assist Auckland Airport with developing its strategic planning, investment management and project control capability. Our role included:
- Development of a strategic planning toold which integrates scope, time, dependencies, cost and benefits. The tool enables Auckland Airport to quickly compare multiple scenarios, visualise the cashflows and capacity expandsion versus forecast demand profiles, then optimise the development pathway of its Master Plan.
- Advice on implementing investment management and benefits realisation management techniques to improve project selection.
- Advice on structuring Auckland Airport’s capital portfolio into benefits driven programmes of work.
- Concept design of a schedule management and integrated project controls framework supporting dependency management.
- Early stage identification and planning of critical works, including development of scope lists, enabling work schedules and site layout/staging plans.
The TBH Difference
TBH ‘s service uniquely combined strategic advice with detailed demand and forecasting analysis. Through leveraging big data sets (including passenger forecasting, asset utilisation and project time/cost estimates) into a visual scenario-based forecasting tool, Auckland Airport can now optimise their long-term capital investment pipeline and nimbly respond to changing demand drivers and strategic priorities.
|Client||Auckland International Airport Limited|
|Services||P3M, Planning and Scheduling|
|Duration||2019 - 2020|