Christmas Creek Plant Optimisation Programme
To increase the output capacity and safety of its Ore Processing Facilities (OPF) at their Christmas Creek mine site in the Pilbara, FMG initiated a series of capital improvement works to improve the plant’s capacity and safety record.
This involved the establishment of an engineering projects delivery (EPD) team to design, procure and implement the most cost effective and time efficient solutions.
The EPD team were responsible for over 100 improvement projects across the project.
TBH was contracted by the PPM to provide project management support to the EPD team and its projects. TBH was engaged to provide the following:
- Developed a master schedule for the EPD team’s portfolio of projects, providing a prioritization of all works
- Individual schedule development for the lifecycle of each project, including details for the projects scoping works,engineering and procurement requirements and delivery and commissioning activities
- Weekly statusing for the schedules
- Development of a suite of weekly automated project dashboards to be presented to senior management highlightingweekly progress and forecast completion milestones
- Development of a monthly progress report for the EPD team
- Development of detailed implementation schedules for on-site works over plant shutdown periods
- Planning, scheduling and co-ordination of EPD on site work, including tracking of procurement and fabrication works
- Management and tracking of planned and actual costs for each project
- Facilitating and tracking procurement items required for each project
- Strategic management of future capital expenditure costs
- Overall cost control for the project team including capital expenditure requests, cost tracking and invoicing
TBH enabled the effective streamlining of the EPD teams site works. This provided the project with a single source of information, highlighting areas of importance which limited inefficiencies and allowing senior management to make informed decisions. FMG were able to de-bottleneck their OPF’s and improve safety.
|Portfolio Project Management (PPM)/Fortescue Metals Group (FMG)
|Project Programming and Scheduling and Project Management
|2013 - 2014