Endeavour Energy Capital Work Program
Endeavour Energy (EE) is responsible for the management and operation of an electricity network spanning some 24,500 square kilometres, reaching across greater western Sydney, the Illawarra and the Southern Highlands regions.
These assets (including around 320,000 poles) have a replacement value of approximately $7.5 billion. Management, operation and reporting on EE network and assets are core to their business. To ensure the capital investment was delivered on time and on budget, Endeavour Energy required TBH’S expertise to provide specialist project scheduler services to support the delivery of its capital works program.
TBH was commissioned to provide a specialist project scheduler to be located at Huntingwood to provide resources for MS Project scheduling to support Endeavour’s Program Management System. Endeavour required the services to be provided at its Huntingwood office until the end of October 2015. Services were required on day or weekly rate basis. These included:
- Review the existing capital programs active MS project schedules and develop standardised schedule templates across a portfolio of deliverable programs
- Review and develop proposed recommendations to current capital programs active MS project schedules for improvements to delivery and reporting outcomes
- Standardise and document the process to improve scheduling techniques of all WBS tasks
- Identify best use practice of allocating resources to specific tasks that meets the immediate needs of program/project directors and also other Endeavour Energy stakeholder requirement’s
- Develop a process to create and maintain forecasts costs from the MS project schedules
- Oversee the updating of MS project schedules by the team members to ensure that the integrity and accuracy within the MS project schedule is in line with standard scheduling practices
- Provide technical support to team members to develop skills in standard scheduling techniques
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|Project Programming and Scheduling and Project Management