Newcrest Integrated Project Controls
Newcrest Services Pty Limited is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. TBH was engaged by Newcrest to deliver project controls for projects in Newcrest’s flagship mines – Cadia and Lihir portfolios. TBH’s services focused on:
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Support
- Contingency Management
- Change Management
TBH provided project controllers who were imbedded in the client’s teams with the aim of strengthening project controls support and advice to Newcrest’s project management team. TBH provided the above services for projects in pre-feasibility study, feasibility study and execution phases working with Newcrest’s project management team and their EPCM service providers to improve the overall delivery performance.
TBH partnered with Newcrest Services Pty Limited to provide project control services targeting time management, cost management, risk management, procurement support and contingency management including:
- Planning – set-up baseline schedule and status updates, integration of cost and schedule WBS.
- Progress measurement – liase with engineering, procurement and construction contractors to provide an overview on project by Earned Value Management (EVM), monitoring Schedule Performance Index and Cost Performance Index.
- Cost control – set-up budgets, allocation, manage commitments, control and maintain SAP. • Forecasting – based upon EVM, balance cost to complete and progress updates/trends, generating early warnings to the management.
- Change management within the projects team – establish Change process, use of trends, Change notes, & assessment of engineering provider Change notices.
- Procurement Support – tender evaluations, purchase requisitions, assessment of payment certificate, invoices, accruals, contract variation management and payments.
- Reporting – day to day reporting and monthly reporting to the management and development of PowerBI dashboard to integrate all project information into a single source for portfolio performance, project time, cost, risk, change and contingency management.
The TBH Difference
TBH’s team of project controllers have performed a pivotal role by improving the project controls framework, establishing integrated schedule and EVM to improve control and forecasts; refreshing change management procedures, developing a data base for lessons learnt and assisting project delivery team during gating process. Moreover, TBH introduced reporting the data into PowerBI which allows the effective visualisation and sharing of data across organisation. Its filtering abilities through simply clicking on categories is another key difference that makes it stand out compared to other tools like Excel.
To find out more about TBH’s Integrated Project Controls experience, please visit the Integrated Project Controls page.
|Client||Newcrest Mining Ltd|
|Services||Integrated Project Controls|
|Duration||2019 - Present|