Salalah Ammonia Plant
Salalah Methanol Company has appointed SNC-Lavalin EPC Contract for 1,000 MTPD Salalah Ammonia Plant in Sultanate of Oman. The scope of work includes:
- Building a new 1,000 MTPD Ammonia Plant
- 5 km liquid Ammonia export pipe line to the Port of Salalah and loading arms at the jetty
- 2 km long, 132kV power connection from Dhofar Power Company (DPC) Substation to the new Ammonia plant;
- Reformer coil modification in existing Methanol Plant; installing tie-ins as well as limited works in the existing Methanol Plant for purposes integration, and meeting the feedstock needs of the new Ammonia plant.
- Installation of new methanol wash column in existing Methanol Plan
TBH was retained by SNC Lavalin to assist resolving the dispute. This included:
- TBH prepared the EPC Contractor’s claims along with their justifications of the cost and schedule impacts. We presented our findings in mediation and settlement negotiations.
- The analysis conducted by TBH helped the parties understand the facts of the case and the real causes of the problems experienced on the project, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the parties’ respective positions.
To find out more about TBH’s Claims and Dispute Resolution experience, please visit the Claims and Dispute Resolution page.
|SNC- Lavalin Inc