Digital Train Radio System
UGL were tasked with providing a Digital Train Radio System (DTRS) across the greater Sydney train network, covering areas between Newcastle, Kiama, Lithgow and Campbelltown.
The project was based on the GSM-R standard, and involved implementing some 255 base stations, 66km of installation of leaky feeder antenna in rail tunnels, switching centres at Central and Homebush, and installation of radio equipment in 400-500 passenger trains.
The project was undertaken in the live environment of an operating metropolitan train system. As such, a heavy focus on system integration of the new technology into the existing system was a key factor for success.
TBH provided planning and programming services for the project, including:
- Conversion of UGL’s partially completed programme from MS Project to Primavera P6
- Development of an accurate and maintainable integrated design, procurement, construction/ installation and commissioning programme
- Resource and cost loading of the programme (including design and construction resources)
- Establishment of a baseline programme for performance measurement
- Ongoing management of the programme and reporting
- Establishment of a reporting system to provide programme visibility to both United Group and the customer
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|Project Programming and Scheduling
|2013 - 2015