WaterNSW Project Controls Implementation
WaterNSW is a state sanctioned organisation which operates NSW s river and water supply systems, supplying two-thirds of the water used in the state. Within WaterNSW, the Asset Delivery team is responsible for the planning and delivery of assets that constitute the water supply systems. At any given time, Asset Delivery is managing a portfolio of over 100 projects, therefore making effective and efficient delivery vital.
In 2019, TBH was engaged to conduct a Maturity Assessment of the existing project controls capability within the Asset Delivery team. This resulted in a number of recommendations and observations being made that fed into an agreed implementation roadmap to grow controls within the Asset Delivery team into a robust process integrating time, cost, risk and reporting.
The WaterNSW Project Controls Implementation engagement acts as Phase 2 to the previous engagement and appoints TBH to develop and embed a robust project controls function within the Asset Delivery Team.
TBH was engaged by WaterNSW to implement and embed a project controls function in the form of:
- Developing Frameworks/User Guides on how project controls are to be implemented within Asset Delivery based upon industry best practice, customised to be fit for purpose with ability to scale for the future.
- The build and operation of the different project controls components within the WaterNSW and Asset Delivery environment.
- Training of end-users on the frameworks, tools, systems and processes within the project controls functionality including development of training manuals and materials.
- Operation of the project controls function to embed within the business and organisation culture.
- Refinement and integration of project controls processes and reporting with other WaterNSW business units.
- Transition of the project controls function to in-house ownership and operation.
The TBH Difference
Learn how TBH created an efficient project control’s function and embedded it in Water NSW to deliver significant and tangible outcomes. TBH has provided WaterNSW with a level of visibility and control that was not achieved within the business prior, that has directly influenced and allowed for informed strategic decision making across the Asset Delivery Portfolio.
TBH Project Controls team has since won and been nominated for multiple awards for achievement and performance within the WaterNSW organisation.
To find out more about TBH’s Strategic Advisory Services Capability expertise, please visit the Strategic Advisory Services Capability page.
|Services||Strategic Advisory Services, Business Transformation, Project Delivery & Controls Organisation|
|Duration||2020 - Ongoing|