Coopers Gap Wind Farm
Coopers Gap Wind Farm is the second greenfield project developed by the Powering Australian Renewables Fund (PARF) and will be one of Australia’s largest wind farms upon completion. It will have a capacity of 453 MW and produce around 1,510,000 MWh of renewable energy – powering approximately 264,000 average Australian homes. GE (Turbine Supplier) and civil engineering construction company CATCON (EPC Contractor) were involved in the construction of Coopers Gap Wind Farm. The project included:
- Supply, transportation, erection, fit out and commissioning of 123 wind generation turbines.
- Design and construction of turbine foundations, internal road and hardstand network, and electrical reticulation system
- External road upgrades
- Construction of an Operations and Maintenance Facility
TBH was asked to provide planning and monthly statusing services by Civil & Allied Technical Construction Pty Ltd (CATCON). Construction Programme (Baseline Programme):
- Primary deliverable was to develop a baseline construction programme.
- Construction programme was prepared based on the initial contract programme and subject to the contract.
- TBH coordinated with various stakeholders to prepare the construction programme, including reviews and feedback sessions with the stakeholders.
- TBH also developed coding structures, filters, and layouts to produce programme reports that would enable the stakeholders to quickly access critical programme information.
- Monthly Statusing: TBH are also involved in updating the monthly status in the programmes to monitor the project progress. TBH advised on remedy options such as resequencing activities to mitigate slippages. TBHworked continuously with CATCON, GE and other stakeholders to update the construction programme as the project progressed to reflect changes to sequencing and improve the usability and clarity of the programme as challenges and requirements became clearer.
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|Civil & Allied Technical Construction Pty Ltd
|Project Planning and Scheduling
|2017 - Ongoing