Dubai International Airport, Concourse D
Concourse D has increased Dubai International’s annual capacity to 90 million passengers, and serves Terminal 1 to which it is connected through an elevated rail system consisting of 5 carriages and a capacity of 300 passengers. The Terminal 1 has 207 check-in desks and 4 over-sized baggage check-in desks spread across 6 check-in zones for different airlines.
Concourse D is linked to Terminal 1 via an elevated rail system which cuts transit times between the two facilities to less than two minutes.
TBH was engaged by ALEC, main contractor, to provide assistance on the project controls aspects of this development. This included:
- Develop and oversee the baseline programme and managing interfaces across various stakeholders.
- Support the project through ongoing monitoring and reporting of the progress.
- Perform a monthly site visit and monitor construction progress. Early identification of risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Preparation of Main Contractor’s Claims Reports on the project delays, disruption and assessment of additional cost incurred as a result of instructed changes.
- TBH adopted a claims management methodology, based on TBH’s interpretation of the contract requirements, that allowed administration of Subcontractor’s Claims and Main Contractor’s claims in harmony, with a high degree of accuracy.
TBH was able to establish monthly critical path reviews including the Client, Main Contractor and key Subcontractors to systematically identify the respective delays to the Project. This enabled a clearer understanding of the risks and opportunities in the programme, so that all parties’ goals were aligned.
To find out more about TBH’s Project Management experience, please visit the Project Management page.
|Services||Project Programming and Claims Management|