eRIC (Electronic Register Intensive Care)
The NSW Government identified the need for better control of digital information management for critically ill patients in intensive care units and high dependency units across NSW. In response to this, the Electronic Record for Intensive Care (eRIC) Program was created to integrate data from various corporate and clinical systems such as bedside devices.
It is envisaged that eRIC will improve patient care by assisting clinicians’ decision making by providing all relevant data in real time. eRIC will also enhance reporting capabilities at the patient, management and state levels.
Following successful pilot completion, the program is then expected to move into full implementation.
The eRIC PMO requires planning and scheduling support to:
- Maintain the baselined master schedule throughout the pilot phase
- Provide ongoing management of the schedule following re-baselining
TBH provided a phased approach to planning and scheduling, as follows:
Phase 1 – Stakeholder engagement and establish services
- Maintain existing weekly statusing processes
- Maintain systems to control the ongoing status and maintenance of the schedule
- Schedule build, analysis and replanning of potential options for the pilot phase
- Produce any additional custom filters, views and reports to accurately reflect the status of the program on a regular basis
- Support facilitation of weekly status meetings
Phase 2 – Schedule maintenance and ongoing operational activities:
TBH will independently status the implementation schedule to determine the true level of progress, critical path activities, opportunities for replanning, etc. This status will be reported at both project and program level
- A key challenge for this program is to keep the sub schedules that are maintained by eHealth’s project managers up to date as well as preserve the quality of the data.
Complicating this, some of these project managers also have inadequate experience in MS Project.
To find out more about TBH’s Planning & Scheduling experience, please visit the Planning & Scheduling page.
|Services||Project Programming and Scheduling|