Global Switch Hong Kong Data Centre
Global Switch, a data centre developer, is building an environmentally sustainable data centre in Tseung Kwan O, Hong Kong.
The new data centre is comprised of five buildings, which will provide a total of 45,000m2 of floor space to store servers and cooling systems, providing an output of 100MW.
The buildings will incorporate some of the industry’s latest design features, providing best-in-class technical solutions with a focus on resiliency.
Offering a range of cloud, colocation and managed services in a low-risk operational environment, Global Switch Hong Kong will have 100MVA utility power supply capacity to store enough data for major global clients.
Global Switch employed a main contractor to construct the data centre, with construction commencing in 2019.
TBH was engaged by Global Switch Hong Kong to undertake the following:
- Assessment of the Main Contractor’s contract programme;
- Review programme structure including logic and testing for concurrency;
- Undertake a SWOT analysis (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) to highlight key opportunities to mitigate programme risks;
- Prepare client reports with their findings, potential programme risks and recommendations; and
- Explore and develop a ‘client’s programme’ based on the Contractor’s Master programme and on-site progress.
The TBH Difference
TBH helped provide clear visibility on the project timeline, identified risks and provided recommendations to mitigate issues.
TBH also developed a client’s programme to give the client clearer insight into the expected programme to deliver the project. This enabled the client to liaise with the Contractor with a clearer understanding of the risks and opportunities in the programme, so that all parties’ goals were aligned to deliver the project on time and within budget.
|Client||Global Switch Hong Kong|
|Services||Programme Review Programme Development|
|Value||HKD $5 billion|
|Duration||2019 - Ongoing|