Melbourne Airport International Terminal Upgrade
The Melbourne Airport International Terminal (T2) upgrade is part of Melbourne Airport’s $10 billion program of investment over the next 20 years. The project comprises of:
- The relocation of the north baggage handling room including demolition and relocation of conveyors
- Construction of a new secondary passenger exit ramp between customs and the main arrival area
- Demolition and reconstruction of the primary passenger exit ramp for Disability Discrimination Act compliance
- Construction of new lifts, escalators and amenities area and a new mezzanine office level
- Reconfiguration of the SEA and arrivals hall including demolition of existing inspection areas and construction of new inspection areas and seating alcoves
TBH was engaged by John Holland Group (JHG) to prepare a tender construction programme for the Melbourne Airport International Terminal Upgrade Project.
TBH works included:
- Providing planning assistance to develop the construction methodology
- Identifying a work breakdown structure
- Development of a tender construction programme with durations based on productivity rates, volume of works and construction methodology
- Conducting critical path analysis
The tender construction programmes demonstrated JHG’s construction methodology and staging of works, which was critical to the project in maintaining airport operations throughout construction. Based on the tender submission and proposed project programme, JHG was successful in being awarded the project which is currently under construction.