Telstra Managed Telecommunications Services Program
In June 2012 Telstra were announced as the successful tenderer for a $474 million managed telecommunications services contract with the Australian Government’s Department of Human Services (DHS). The contract is for five years and saw Telstra take on a number of services, including voice, mobile and data services. The contract will see much of
the department’s telecommunications infrastructure refreshed, to improve the services provided to the public.
The department’s existing network was replaced with a backbone of collaborative network providing IP telephony services, IP call centre services and video.
Telstra began the transition of the new platform in July 2012, with an expected schedule of 18 months. By December that year, the program was encountering significant stakeholder concern, including schedule achievement, resource allocation, and uncertainty with the technology solution.
In December 2012, Telstra engaged TBH to contribute to a program recovery, which in turn led to our engagement in master planning, and schedule support roles for Telstra’s Program Management Office. TBH delivered the following
benefits to both Telstra, and their client DHS:
- Increased visibility of schedules at both the project and program level
- Understanding of resource allocation across the program
- Advanced analysis and reporting on the projects and programs for management decisions and workshops
- Improved confidence in the technology approach, particularly in the call centre solution
- Independent and practical advice on strategies to assist in program recovery
|Client||Telstra Business and Enterprise|
|Services||Planning and Scheduling; Master Planning, PMO Strategic Advice|
|Duration||2012 - 2017|