Melbourne Airport Southern Precinct Project
The Melbourne Airport Southern Precinct Project is part of Melbourne Airport’s $10 billion program of investment over the next 20 years. The project is estimated to cost $400 million and comprises of:
- A new domestic terminal (T4 terminal) and pier G aircraft docking bay
- A new seven-storey carpark with elevated entry and exit roads, taxi rank and bus facilities
- Upgrade of the airport road network to provide access to the new terminal precinct and support the future growth of Melbourne Airport
TBH was engaged by John Holland to prepare tender construction programmes and visual communication tools to demonstrate their construction methodology.
TBH works included:
- Providing planning assistance to John Holland to develop tender construction programmes for each work package
- Producing a 4D animation, based on the drawings and tender construction programme, for the new carpark and road network upgrade works
- Developing a Flash based presentation to demonstrate the traffic management, site logistics and construction staging methodologies
These deliverables, in particular the 4D and Flash presentation, synthesised critical information, such as the location of cranes, traffic management and site logistics, with the construction sequencing. They allowed John Holland to comprehensively demonstrate the minimal impact its construction methodology placed on airport operations.
|Services||Tender Programming & 4D Modelling|